I recently received a Leibster Award from Angie @ Angie's Angle , but since I don't know too many up and coming bloggers, with the exception of Angie and Mrs. Morphosis, I am unable to dole out too awards in response, I'm going to share the rules and do my part and hope that Mrs. Morphosis participates too!
The Rules :
* The nominees must link back to the blogger who awarded them
* If you are nominated, write "11 Random Facts" about yourself
* Make up 11 new questions to be answered and nominate 11 other bloggers.
- I met my now husband online when I was 22, on a social media website much like Facebook, we immediately hit it off and became almost instantly inseparable.
- I joined the Navy when I was 17, I traveled to Washington, Dubai, Australia, Canada, and California, I got out a year later and had my first child when I was 19, short lived career!
- I learned how to cook eggs by Jack Tripper on Three's Company!
- I love crafting and creating things, I like to tinker in drawing/sketching, love mod podge and feel most in my element when I am in creation mode.
- I originally learned about blogging and began my own blog for school, at which point a year later I transformed my blog into Immutable Ramblings.
- I met Angie through our SheSpeaks Secret Santa (short lived event) and we've been "friends" ever since, she lives where I wish to retire when my kids are grown.
- I'm not a girly girl, I hardly ever wear makeup (but I am great at applying it and I love buying it and trying it), I wear simple jewelry, I love my individuality.
- I'm an office supply fanatic, I love pens, paper, notebooks, and super useful unnecessary office supplies, keeps me creative.
- I'm 100% Puerto Rican, I was born in NY, lived there until I was 7 and have been relocating to various parts of Virginia ever since!
- I'm two classes shy of my associates degree and have lost my drive, been debating on trying to start up my own business, but am held back by lack of confidence and vision.
- I can sing, I mean REALLY sing, I love my voice, I love music, but, I keep it to myself, most times....I even used to write my own music and poetry, but it is a talent that I've left uninspired.
I'd probably change my level of discipline, because if I were more disciplined, I would have achieved many long and short term goals.
What do you personally want to get out of blogging?
When I said that I hope that my words, message and blogs would one day benefit and impact some one's life I meant it. I don't want to be compared to other bloggers, I want to one day be respected and appreciated for my own unique vision. I try to share a wide variety of things and subjects. But I'd also love to become a paid blogger who is able to be the stay at home mom who contributes income to her household through her written word.
Relax? What is that? I don't get to relax and unwind, there is never a time when I get free time, a moment alone, quiet time, I'm a very introspective type of person, but find that aspect of myself is left unfulfilled. I'm a stay-at-home mom that stays up late just to get a quiet moment, but I sacrifice my sleep to get it. I don't know what it is to relax anymore.
When I was a teenager I wanted to be an architect and an interior designer. I worked at Linens and Things and began working on my "craft" by setting up their displays, but then I joined the Navy, had my first child and began to let that dream disappear. My then dream was to be a great mother, I won't know until my children are adults if I succeeded! My dreams are different now, I hope to become something entirely different, but know that it still entails creativity, imagination and vision.
Do you consider yourself a "hobby" blogger or a "business" blogger?
Blogging is definitely a hobby of mine, but I have a strong desire to make it something more!
What's your favorite colors?
I love burnt orange and green and brown, yes, I love the fall, but I've been known to love mustard and grey too!
What about your favorite dinner?
It used to be hamburgers and french fries, now I don't think I really have one. But I've been enjoying trying new recipes, sharing them with my family and making new favorites for everyone.
Do you have a routine on your days or are they all different?
Everyday is whatever I make it to be, the only day of the week, when things are a mandatory must got this way, are Tuesdays, the day of the week when I take my daughter to Girl Scouts. However, once she starts up sports again in the spring, that will be even more hectic.
If you could go anywhere on vacation right now, where would you go and who would you take with you?
I'd love to visit some parts of Europe and England. I don't like the heat so now would be an opportune time. I'd take, hmmm... think... My husband, I'd love to explore it for all of its natural beauty.
Name one or two quirks you have.
After a long pause and deep concentration, I've come up empty handed, I don't have any "quirks"... Sorry to disappoint.
What is your happy place in your house and why?
My happy place is in my "office" alone... Which is hardly ever, but I love being surrounded in my office supplies, blog stuff, craft supplies, and my beautiful computer sitting on my lovely desk! There is no other room that can give me all of that happiness... If it were mobile, I'd take it with me!
Questions for Mrs. Morphosis
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and who would you take?
If you could have one super hero type ability, which would you choose and why?
Do you have any hidden talents? What are they?
What is your most favorite feature about yourself and why?
If you could meet any famous person, author, president, actor, artist or musician, who would it be and why? What would you want to know? What would you say?
What is your ideal date?
What are you favorite colors?
What is your all time favorite movie?
What do you hope to accomplish in 2013?
Do you have any goals for your blog?
Of all of the polishes in your collection, which one is your favorite and who is it by?
Until Next Time,